Saturday, 14 December 2013

12 days of christmas: honey & cranberry camembert



This is very much nota recipe. There are only 3 ingredients, and the steps are essentially: put honey on camembert, bake camembert, put cranberries on baked camembert. And you're done! But sometimes (and especially around this time of year) I find it's best to keep things simple. Furthermore, I thought this was probably worth including in the christmas countdown simply because it might not have even occurred to you to put honey & cranberry camembert on your christmas cheese board. And, well. I simply couldn't have that.

How are you guys getting on with your Christmas preparations? I've been home for a week now & I really do not know where the time's gone. Because I was so busy, and then ill, this whole festive season seems to have totally snuck up on me & I'm not really in the Christmas spirit yet, no matter how much Love Actually I watch. It probably doesn't help that my mother's replaced our nice golden tree lights with god awful multicoloured ones, and it genuinely hurts my eyes a little... Where do you guys fall on the light spectrum? Clear or coloured? Anyway, perhaps the Christmas spirit will befall me soon enough; for now I will just have to keep on eating mince pies & fancy cheese & candy canes until it hits me. What a pity!




1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.

2. To begin, get your glamorous assistant to cut off the top skin of the camembert. Cut about a centimeter down from the top and try to slice as evenly as you can.



3. Drizzle a generous amount of runny honey on top of the camembert, and bake for approximately ten minutes - or until golden & beginning to bubble.

4. Once out of the oven, sprinkle with a handful of dried cranberries and dive in with crackers, warm crusty bread, or - heck - maybe even your fingers. Nobody's looking!

Only 11 more sleeps!

10 comments:

  1. Noooo, multi-colored lights on the christmas tree?!? I'd stage a coup right then and there and demand the glowy beautiful clear ones.

    Haha and regarding love actually: my british friend here in paris was genuinely shocked when she realized I had never seen the movie, so she came over last sunday and made me watch it. We ate camabert and bread for dinner, actually - how fitting. I really realllly wanna try camabert baked though, and it sounds extra good with honey and cranberries. Very festive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you'd NEVER seen it?! ahhhh did you love it??? sounds like a great dinner, too. thanks lady!

      Delete
  2. Wow!! This looks amazing!! Honey and cheese... what a great combo of flavors!! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this looks delicious! I tried to make one for new year's eve once and it was a total failure. Absolutely disgusting! Not sure what I did wrong lol But that was quite embarrassing considering I'm French and people expected me to make the most perfect baked camembert. Oops! haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha oh dear valerie! happens to the best of us, i'm sure you'll have better luck next time :) thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  4. That looks so yummy. I love the sound of it with honey and cranberries - I did it with apricot jam the other week which I will definitely be doing again!
    Charlotte x
    La Vie en Gâteaux

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is totally a recipe! Also, it's like one of my favorite things ever. I have to remember to make it more. Mmm, yours looks so melty and delicious :)

    ReplyDelete